Welcome to Dividendsamurai!
In this review, I will make a summary of important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio companies. In addition, I will put together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week. Excuse the grammar mistakes as I am not a native English speaker.
RECEIVED DIVIDENDS(BEFORE TAX):受け取った税引前配当
- $58.0 – Cisco Systems (CSCO) at my Japanese brokerage account
- $411.60 – AT&T (T)
- $ 48.00 – General Mills (GIS)
- $ 28.88 – Verizon (VZ)
MY PORTFOLIO’S TRANSACTIONS:売買
May 1, 2017
- NTT DoCoMo
- Initiated 100 shares at JPN 2,667 per share plus the commission of JPY 323.
- Forward YOC is 3.7%
May 3, 2017
- W.P. Carey (WPC)
- Added 40 shares at $62.22 per share plus $1.00 commission
- YOC has improved to 6.5% from 6.4%
- Expected annual gross dividends have increased to $557.20 from $398.
- MetLife (MET)
- Closed the position by selling 50 shares at $52.25 per share. My net gain in US$ was $85, but I incurred a capital loss of JPY 13,040 due to exchange rate.
PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS NEWS ON DIVIDED HIKE OR DOWN:増配・減配・増配見送り
- DES MOINES, Iowa–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Principal Financial Group® (NYSE: PFG) today announced results for first quarter 2017. Quarterly common stock dividend of $0.46 per share for second quarter 2017 was authorized by the company’s Board of Directors, bringing the trailing twelve month dividend to $1.75 per share, a 14 percent increase compared to the prior year trailing twelve month period. The dividend will be payable on June 30, 2017, to shareholders of record as of June 5, 2017. My YOC remains at 3.6%.
- PURCHASE, N.Y., May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The Board of Directors of PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.8050 per share of PepsiCo common stock, a 7.0 percent increase versus the comparable year-earlier period. Today’s action is consistent with PepsiCo’s previously announced increase in its annualized dividend to $3.22 per share from $3.01 per share, beginning with the June 2017 payment. This dividend is payable on June 30, 2017 to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 2, 2017. With this YOC of my position in PEP has improved to 4.1% from 3.9%.
- Apple (AAPL) announced a dividend increase. It has raised its quarterly dividend from $0.57 per sharer to $0.63 per share by 10.5%. With this, my YOC has increased to 2.7% from 2.4%.
ARTICLES THAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION
- Why Warren Buffett would tell his widow to buy an index fund at USA Today
- From Pizza to Fried Rice: How These Tycoons Built A Billion-Dollar Fortune From Fast Food at Forbes
- It’s NOT ABOUT THE MONEY: BEING A HOME BOY by Jason Fieber
- Vodafone Group (VOD) : A High Dividend Opportunity or Value Trap? at Simply Safe Dividends
Thanks for stopping by, have a nice next week!