April has passed by and I would like to post an article on my favorite subject: monthly dividend income.
- The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) – $33.00
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) – $69.52
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) – $42.00
- Philip Morris International Inc. (PM) – $100.00
- Altria Group Inc. (MO) – $156.52
- Seaspan (SSW) – $56.25
- T. Rowe Price Group Inc. (TROW) – $90.00
- Dow Chemical (DOW) – $63.00
- General Electric Company (GE) – $46.00
- Pepesi (PEP) – $29.47
- PowerShares CEF Income Composite ETF (PCEF) – $24.60
- iShares iBoxx $ High Yield (HYG) – $38.11
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $29.37
- Prospect Capital (PSEC) – $100.00 (all shares sold)
- Dynex Capital (DX) – $252.00 (all shares sold)
- HSBC Holdings (HSBC) – $100.00 (all shares sold)
Total gross dividends received during the month of April: $1,230.26. Please note this amount is before both US and Japanese income tax.
My total expense for April was JPY 259,046 ($2,158,71 if JPY 120 = $1). Therefore, 57% of my expense was covered by my dividend income. However, three months later, I will lose at least $452 gross dividend income because I sold PSEC, DX and HSBC shares.
Full Disclosure : Long K, O,MO,PM,CSCO,SSW,PCEF,HYG,GSK,TROW,DOW,PEP,GE